Saturday, August 7, 2010

Updating on August 7, 2010

Thanks to those who have lovingly cared for the garden this summer. It sure shows! :)

Yummy harvest today! This is probably on 1/3 of what I could have picked!

This is the squash (zucchini, yellow and summer) side of the bed.

New spinach and swiss chard were planted a week ago.

Purple pole bean were also planted a week ago. Can't believe they are already this big!

This is going to be our first sunflower. I can't wait to see it!

Tomatoes... they are everywhere!

Check out our very large marigold plant. There are 2 on each side of the garden. Not sure what kind they are.

This is the cucumber side of the bed. Amazed at how these have done. There is actually only 2 plants here.

Corn, it is coming!

This is the NEW compost bin. I am so excited to see how this will work. I put it over the old stump of the tree that used to be in the area.

Cherry tomatoes... sure wished I like these!

I caught a bumble bee on one of the cosmos. I am deathly afraid of them, so I braved it to get the picture.

These are beets that were planted a week ago.

These are the green beans. They have slowed down a bit in their production, but are still providing lots of beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment